Once again it's time to celebrate the Sun, and you know what that means? It's time for THE SUMMER SOLSTICE HAPPY HOUR!!! 6 years ago it began and has been consistently growing in size and stature ever since. 3 years ago we outgrew Isabellas Kitchen and had to move across the street to the Grayhawk Golf Clubhouse to accommodate all you dedicated sun worshippers, and it was an instant hit. We will be on the patio live with DJ Professor and all the food, drinks, and fun we have grown to expect from the Summer Solstice Happy Hour. What better way to welcome Summer than by honoring the sun on the longest day of the year (well close enough...LOL) with great drinks, great music, and the finest people!
Some of you are… STILL wondering, "why celebrate the Summer Solstice, I mean no one else does?" Well, in the immortal words of Bart Simpson, Van Wilder and a bunch a French people "au contraire mon frere!"
I have compiled a top 10 list of the people who celebrate the Summer Solstice and reason to be there.
1) First of all, do we actually need a reason? Not really.
2) The Celts.....If the Scots and Irish are showing up IT'S A PARTY!!!
3) The Druids...I mean seriously, they made Stonehenge and who can argue with that. As henges go it's by far the best. Way better than woodhenge or strawhenge.
4) The Finns....WOW it's very cold, let's party
5) The Baltic Nations...small countries do it bigger.
6) The Pagans (not the motorcycle club)...Really? I have to explain this? These are the ancient party kids of Europe.
7) The Vikings...Nothing like a little pillage and plunder on a Friday evening.
8) The Romans...Have you ever heard of Caligula? No explanation needed. LOL
9) All the Germanic tribes.....Germans love bonfires.
10) The Russians/Poles/Ukrainians...with their fertility right of Kupala Celebration (my personal favorite)
Who are we to argue with Vikings, Romans, Celts, Druids or any ancient fertility right for that matter?
Live Music with: DJ Professor
So come out Friday June 15th for happy hour and raise a glass or potion (if you're a Druid) and celebrate with us. No we won't be dancing around a bonfire or building a scale model of Stonehenge (We should...I asked...Grayhawk said NO) but it should be fun anyway. See you all there!!!
Summer attire is recommended (but not required). It IS the Summer Solstice Happy Hour. Woman...Sun Dresses. Men...light colors
The Summer Solstice Happy Hour is at the Grayhawk Golf Club Quills Creek Cafe and NOT at Isabella's Kitchen. It is directly across the street from Isabella's on Thompson Peak Pkwy.